[Empeg-technical] Re: Help needed - Mk2 suddenly died.

beaker at empegbbs-noreply.merlins.org beaker at empegbbs-noreply.merlins.org
Mon Apr 28 15:42:00 PDT 2003

Thanks for your quick replies guys.
I'd already tried re-applying an upgrade (v2.00 final) via Emplode but it sits there doing absolutely nothing. I've since tried applying a Hijack (v332) kernel with the logo editor and it went through the process as normal. Once it had finished it was behaving the same as before. btw the LED flashing frequency is exactly matched by the HDD power-up sound and the cyclic output from the serial port. It really feels like something's drawing too much current and the whole thing is shutting down again - this process continuing ad infinitum till I pull the plug  }:-(.

I'm fairly confident it's a hardware problem too and I've done all I can to isolate the problem to the mainboard by disconnecting everything else. Initially I was hoping it was just a loose HDD cable. I guess I'll need to send it in for repair (if this is still possible?). Are you still doing the repairs @ empeg towers or is Rob Schofield handling these now?

Thanks again.