[Empeg-technical] IR Remote control (non-OEM)

csf at empegbbs-noreply.merlins.org csf at empegbbs-noreply.merlins.org
Tue Apr 29 15:10:00 PDT 2003

Anyone have any reccomendations for an aftermarket remote?  I'm looking around and thinking that a remote integrated into the shift knob would be very cool.  [url-http://www.go2pac.com/products/sk1.htm]Here is one option[/url] except that it doesn't go with the "decor" of a black jeep wrangler and it's wired to an external box - a big pain when my shifter lever is bare for about 8".

Anyone seen a remote control w/ 4-6 buttons that incorporated into a shift knob?

Beyond that, does anyone have any part ideas for a small, self contained remote that I could try and build into a shift knob?  Something that I can program the empeg to accept?  A small board w/ leads to where buttons and the LED can be wired?

Looking for ideas, any and all brainstorming is accepted.  I've also looked a bit at the kenwood steering wheel remote and hacking that apart... how big is it?  Small enough to possibly fit into a highly modified knob?