ExtractStream extracts wrong shows?

cmetaxas@t... cmetaxas at t...
Tue, 28 Aug 2001 13:37:50 -0000

I finally got my process ironed out last night -- I want to archive
my favorite shows to DVD-R.
So, I have a little script I put together that, given the fsid's and
a show title, gets the .m2[av] streams from tivo, removes the green
bar, converts the video stream to a 352x480 dvd-ready stream (30fps,
etc), and converts the audio to a raw stereo 48khz stream. (Don't ask
why, but that's what Apple's DVD Studio pro was happy with)

BUT, now that I'm looking at this video, I'm a bit upset. A few
minutes into the show all of a sudden I'm watching static, and
hearing audio from some other show.
Some episodes wound up being completely different shows, too.

Does this happen to anybody else?
Is there a fix?
I've tried shows recorded mostly at High or Best quality.
(I have a few 'suggestions' at medium I can try, too, though)

Could it have something to do with my extra drive?
I'm running a Sony unit, with the original 30GB on the shelf,
replaced with a 40+80, using that wonderful script.

Thanks, guys.

If anybody wants my script to resize/etc for DVD I'd be happy to post
it.

-Chris