HolyMacaroni! It's Fast!

Roger Merchberger zmerch7 at y...
Sat, 1 Dec 2001 16:02:39 -0800 (PST)

This really doesn't have much to do with ES in and of itself, but I
thought I'd just like to share a couple of benchmarks with y'all to
let you know about my new machine...

On my P3 1Ghz machine w/512Meg PC133 SDRAM, some of the Enterprise
shows I transcoded for SVCD took this long:

09:39:07 and
09:48:21 and
09:57:41...

I've just xcoded the latest Enterprise on my new box, and it took:

I'm running a Tyan 2462UNG motherboard (dual lan, dual 160MB/s SCSI,
512Meg ECC DDR-SDRAM - upgradable to 3.5G! - and 2 AMD Athlon 1600+
MP processors.

I'm running WinXP, xcoding w/TMPGenc w/mostly basic filters, but
using the "High Quality (slow)" Motion Search Precision.

Finally - transcoding doesn't take forever anymore... altho I do wish
I could have afforded the 1800+ CPU's... ;-)

Just to let you know,
Roger "Merch" Merchberger