[ExtractStream] sync lost from mpeg2 to divx4 except for powerdvd

Marc MERLIN marc_yh at m...
Tue, 4 Dec 2001 09:35:40 -0800

Another problem I have is that after running splitstream 0.5, and mplex
1.3b4 or 1.4.1, I get an mpeg2 file.

That file is strangely synchronized between image and sound when I play
under powerdvd. If I convert to divx4 (using flask), it's still mostly
synced with powerdvd (you can barely tell that it's very slight off, but
it's hard)

However, whether if I play with bsplayer, the playa, linux mplayer, the
divx4 file is noticeably out of sync

This is a one hour show that was recorded in high quality (the first one I'm
really doing tests with).

Are others still seeing sync problems? Does it make sense that divx
convertion can make the problem worse?
Do you have suggestions?

Thanks

Home page: http://marc.merlins.org/ | Finger marc_f@m... for PGP key