joeboxer's splitstream and large files

marc_yh@m... marc_yh at m...
Mon, 3 Dec 2001 23:46:27 -0800

I've been using all the work that's been done recently by all the fine folks
working on extract software.

I've been having mostly success, but my current problem is dealing with
shows longer than 1H as they go past the 2G limit.
My system is running linux 2.4 and glic 2.2, so it is large file capable.

I'm able to create big ty files (I pipe sendstream into netcat on the tivo,
and send netcat info a file on my linux box)

I noticed that splitstream wouldn't read .ty files that were bigger than 2G
so I fixed that by rebuilding it with "cc -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64"

Now splitstream will read files bigger than 2G, but it won't generate output
bigger than 2G.
(it also seems that mplex will split into mpeg2 files that are less than 2G,
but if I bump the limit past 2G, it doesn't seem to be able to write 2G+
files either)

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Home page: http://marc.merlins.org/ | Finger marc_f@m... for PGP key