TivoNet

Chris Kloiber ckloiber at c...
15 Dec 2001 13:10:13 -0500

I bought a TiVoNet and it works for getting the updates over my
broadband connection (NAT'd behind my Alpha Linux server w/iptables) but
I'm not really happy with the lack of commands available on the TiVo.
For god's sake even 'ls' isn't on it, and that's after installing the
TiVoNet from the CD available on the 9thtee site. I'm not sure who put
that CD together, but I was hoping there would be an update for it that
could put some more useful (and less broken) commands on the TiVo. I
know there are tarballs of commands out there, but it's a pain to pull
the drives repeatedly to put them in my pc. If the CD would put at least
the basics on the TiVo then it would not be a hassle. I was looking at
the CD myself trying to figure out how to modify it to my ends but I'm
not entirely sure how it got put together. If anybody could take that up
as a project I'd certainly appreciate it.

Chris Kloiber