[ExtractStream] Re: TivoNet

Chris Kloiber ckloiber at c...
16 Dec 2001 19:11:40 -0500

On Sun, 2001-12-16 at 12:47, joe666boxer wrote:
> A lot of very useful things come on that CD. I get the feeling you're path
> is not setup quite right.
>
> First of all, the most important thing to get running (after telnet, of
> course) is ftp. The CD contains a binary for tivoftpd, which should've
> been copied to your tivo already. Mine lives in /tivo-bin. If you have
> ftp running, then putting tar balls onto the tivo becomes trivial...
>
> BTW, /tivo-bin also have things like ls, ps, head, tail, etc.
>
> Joe

The telnet and ftp files were (I believe) copied over, they're just
broken. Back when I had TiVo version 1.3 software I downloaded and
installed an alternate ftp and telnet porgarm that worked, but again it
was a seperate installation. I'm griping mostly because the upgrade to
2.5 broke everything for me, so I'm starting over.

--
Chris Kloiber