[ExtractStream] Understanding the TivoNet Process

MT fontpro at u...
Mon, 17 Dec 2001 11:45:35 -0800

Hi Joe!

Very Helpful!

>That being said, Ken put together an app for the mac to receive the
>extracted stream on.... I've tried using Media Cleaner Pro as well as DVD
>studio pro and Final Cut pro to work with these files in their rawest form
>on the mac and haven't had much luck. I can dig up his tool for you if you
>wish to try extracting to your mac.

I'd be interested in that tool (app) (Just a question you call it Media
Cleaner Pro. When i did a search all I can find is Cleaner 5.1. It seems
to do the same thing. I'm guessing it is just a name change or is there 2
different programs?

I can use a PC to install on the Tivo.

>I have my processes that others have recommended to me (about 7 different
>pages of notes) that I can forward to you once you get your tivonet card
>installed and functional (that part can take a bit of time.........

I'd like to see those notes. Being a Non Unix user, I did get an Iopener
last year, and when the Linux instructions were written very clearly step
by step, I was able to flash the Iopener's Bios and get a Windows HD
running on it.

>GOTCHA that REALLY messed me up that no one ever told me about was the
>serial port you use to configure the tools with when you're setting up the
>tivonet card...

I don't have a DSS yet. But you are saying after you install the software
onto the A drive via the PC. You need the serial cable thing to set it
up? So it isn't done via ethernet? I don't have that special
cable/adapter. Is this correct?

>If you have it activated for use with say a DSS receiver, it
>will cease working once the tivo fully boots... Boy was that confusing...
>Basically once it gets to the menu screen (on the tv), the serial port gets
>taken over...

Thanks again! This was very helpful!

Mac