[ExtractStream] Re: My Dangerous Idea - A technical question, not a legal question

Syth syth at m...
Tue, 03 Jul 2001 14:14:02 -0600

At 18:50 7/2/2001 -0400, sharkey@a... wrote:
> > Where do I get more information about the implementation of Tridge's work?
>
>Tridge keeps the code he's released here:
>
>http://tivo.samba.org/download/tridge
>
>Unfortunately, there's a lot he's claimed to have done that, AFAIK, he
>hasn't released. That's part of the reason that ExtractStream exists,
>in the first place. Tridge didn't want to release his version for
>reasons I don't agree with.
>
> > Is there software you need to enter into the TiVo to configure it to
> > communicate and distribute information across the lan?
>
>AFAIK, nothing like this exists in what you'd call a user-friendly form.

Depends on the info you want. There is what looks to be a very nice web
interface to the tivo that allows you to delete shows, setup recordings,
manage wishlists, etc.

There isn't anything to stream video though...