[ExtractStream] Ok, got started last night.

Steven Webb steve at b...
Sat, 7 Jul 2001 07:32:54 -0600 (MDT)

On Fri, 6 Jul 2001, Grant Stockly wrote:
[snip]
> Get the divx codec, a program called VirtualDub, and FlaskMPEG.
>
> FlaskMPEG will give you an AVI and virtual dub will put the video and audio
> together -real- quick.
[snip]

Yea, but I'm working on an automated "tivo -> X -> Divx" script that I can
just run and forget about. That's the way to go if you ask me. If
someone asks me, "Hey, did you tape that Seinfeld the other night" or
whatever, I can just pull off the digital copy (hopefully already
processed) from my home DSL line and have them viewing it anywhere at work
or on their home machine withing a few minutes (download time). That's
the plan anyway. I don't care about a napster-type service or anything,
I'm just sick of making tapes for my friends and would rather have my
computer do all of the work for me instead. Isn't that what computers are
for anyway? 8)

- Steve

--
EMAIL: (h) steve@b... WEB: http://badcheese.com/~steve