Welcome to ExtractStream

Faye Pearson faye at c...
Thu, 19 Jul 2001 13:36:27 +0100

Hi,

I've just joined the list because I've been playing with ExtractStream
and made some changes. I'm wondering if people are interested in them,
whether it's worth submitting patches so that someone can update the CVS?

My tivo is running 1.5.2 and I'm doing the extraction on my Linux PC
(well it has 4 IDE connectors and I'm only using 3)

In order to get it to run on the PC I needed to wrap the buffer casts
in ntohl() to allow for the changed byte order. I also added a switch
so that I could write the segments of the stream to different files
- reiserfs 3.5 doesn't do >2gb files.

I also put an ifdef around the "bad chunk skipping" code which doesn't
seem to be relevant for 1.5.2 tivo as when it was removed, the files
created played fine in Media Player.

I have noticed that there are some problems with the stream though,
some of the later frames are numbered the same which causes problems
when I'm trying to make a dvd compatible stream.

I'm reinstalling debian with XFS so that I can work on these files under
Linux and I will then start testing with mpeg2dec and mpg123.

Anyway this is just a general hello to the list, it seems to be fairly
low traffic though, I hope it's not dead?

Faye

--
Faye Pearson,
Software Development Manager,

You will have domestic happiness and faithful friends.