can't wait

The Nonesuch nonesuch773 at y...
Fri, 08 Jun 2001 16:03:33 -0000

In case anybody wasn't entirely certain of 9thtee's motives in
hosting the software, I believe the reasoning on their part is
obvious.

So, 9thtee, when do I get an eval unit of the TiVoNet hardware? :)

--- In ExtractStream@y..., twheeling@h... wrote:
> Same here... I ordered last night the instant I read over the
> ExtractStream info! I had been debating buying one of the TivoNet
> cards just for hacking around, but couldn't justify the $76 until
> now...
>
> Hope some people get it going soon and post results/screenshots from
> vcds... I'm very anxious to see how the quality will be played off
> the TiVo...

In my experience with VCD, the quality is about on par with 'Basic',
if not worse. I would be interested in seeing some
direct-to-mpeg sample clips, at the various TiVo recording settings,
and can provide the space to host them. Say, 30 seconds at each
setting of the same part of the opening sequence of some PBS program
that is one ten times a day anyway?