samba and httpd.tcl

ver2go@y... ver2go at y...
Sat, 09 Jun 2001 04:06:40 -0000

> It looks like smbfs-2.0.1.o (and maybe smbmount) wont do the trick
if
> you have the 2.0.1.002 rev. as has been posted before, version
> conflict. It just locks up after I force it to load (-f) and try
> to "smbmount" the shared directory.

I'm still not sure which version of samba was compiled for the TiVo
or how it was compiled. Samba is a pain sometimes.

Here is how I would debug this

You say after you load it locks up? Load the module?
If it locks up, then how can you use smbmount?

If it locks up on smbmount, then do a
lsmod to see if the modules were loaded.

Look at the connections on the windows machine to see if something
even tried to attach to the share.

look in /var/log/messages (the normal place for the samba debug
messages, but its a compile option so it can be anywhere on the TiVo)