samba and httpd.tcl

Josh Harding theamigo42 at y...
Sat, 09 Jun 2001 04:56:50 -0000

--- In ExtractStream@y..., fuggus@y... wrote:
> It looks like smbfs-2.0.1.o (and maybe smbmount) wont do the trick
> if you have the 2.0.1.002 rev. as has been posted before, version
> conflict. It just locks up after I force it to load (-f) and try
> to "smbmount" the shared directory.

If you hit ^C, do you get your prompt back or is your TiVo hung? Do
you get a password prompt?

Mine didn't work until I followed cworley's tips (see the link in my

smbmount //192.168.0.1/sharename /var/tmp/emptydir -I 192.168.0.1 -D
workgroup -U username

Yes, you need to put the IP address of your smb server in there
twice, once as the share name and once with the -I option. If your
workgroup is named something other than workgroup, change that and
put your actual user name in too. Then it should ask you for a
password.

The above line was enough to let mine mount, but I still couldn't use
it.