anyone shed some light on how to use TMPGEnc?

iam@t... iam at t...
Sat, 09 Jun 2001 18:39:53 -0000

> You may have an MPEG2 codec problem with TMPGenc. When did you
first
> download it? It only works for 30 days from install (except you can
> mess with the system date). Try installing something like ligos
mpeg
> decoder, and try and view the .m2v file directly in Windows Media
> Player. It should work fine, but without audio.
>
> Also... a dumb question. Apart from placing the Tivo-VCD Template
in
> the directory, did you select it for use?

I installed the latest version of TMPGenc last night, and I did load
the Tivo-VCD settings Template (Stream Type: System(Video+Audio)). It
just will not let me load the .m2v file (File "e:\tivoprogram1.m2v"
can not open, or unsupported)

I will try the ligos decoder as well.

Thanks.