anyone shed some light on how to use TMPGEnc?

nickhull@y... nickhull at y...
Sat, 09 Jun 2001 18:05:18 -0000

--- In ExtractStream@y..., iam@t... wrote:
> I can't seem to figure out how to use TMPGEnc with the 2 files that
> are output by the EventStream program. I have placed the TiVo-
VCD.mcf
> file into the Template and Template\Extra folders. When I try to
> import the .m2v file the TMPGEnc says that it is not supported.
>
> I was able to use the "MPEG Tools" function to do a "Simple
> Multiplex" of the .m2v and .m2a files. But the resultant file is a
> MPEG with dimensions of 352x480.
>
> Maybe I haven't done enough reading. Maybe I should stick with
linux
> rather than Windows NT 4.
>
> TIA.

You may have an MPEG2 codec problem with TMPGenc. When did you first
download it? It only works for 30 days from install (except you can
mess with the system date). Try installing something like ligos mpeg
decoder, and try and view the .m2v file directly in Windows Media
Player. It should work fine, but without audio.

Also... a dumb question. Apart from placing the Tivo-VCD Template in
the directory, did you select it for use?

If anyone else has problems, please post here.