Cleaning Up

neil_1_brown@y... neil_1_brown at y...
Sat, 09 Jun 2001 19:12:14 -0000

--- In ExtractStream@y..., bounce2070@y... wrote:
> "Josh" == Josh Harding <theamigo42@y...>
> wrote the following on Fri, 08 Jun 2001 19:28:10 -0000
>
> Josh> I think the hard part will be that the TiVo is
> Josh> prolly very picky about it's MPEG streams.
>
> No...just don't ask TiVo to ever play that tyStream that
> you've nullified. It's there solely as a space filler
> that's easy to compress. Once you've backed up (or, once
> you've restored), the first thing you do is delete that
> stream from Now Showing.

Right - even if I had to do a factory reset after NULLing the one
stream, that would be a small price to pay to be able to fit my full
backup on one CDR.

If nobody knows of a reason why this wouldn't work, I think I'm going
to give it a shot. I have a spare HD to do a full-drive copy to, so
I can mess with that and see what happens.

-o-
Neil