NFS Help, Please?

rob@r... rob at r...
Thu, 14 Jun 2001 17:39:33 -0000

Ok, I know I am so close I can taste it. Any help anyone could
provide would be GREATLY appreciated.

Here is my setup:

192.168.0.110 Tivo
192.168.0.80 Linux PC
192.168.0.90 Win2k PC

I copied the NFS module over to the Tivo, and then ran the command:

insmod -f nfs-2.0.1.o

And got the following warning:

bash-2.02# insmod -f nfs-2.0.1.o
Warning: kernel-module version mismatch
nfs-2.0.1.o was compiled for kernel version 2.1.24-TiVo.1
while this kernel is version 2.1.24-TiVo.2

Is this warning acceptable?

I also have downloaded the warnfs program I saw mentioned earlier,
but being the relative Linux/NFS newbie that I am, I am having some
troubles getting my exports.conf on the Win2k side formatted
correctly.

Give the information above, could someone PLEASE help me out.

If I understand the process correctly, I want to specify a mount
point on the Win2k PC that is accessible via NFS from the Tivo,
correct? If so, could someone give me some examples?

Many Thanks!