NFS Help, Please?

Josh Harding theamigo42 at y...
Thu, 14 Jun 2001 23:33:10 -0000

--- In ExtractStream@y..., rob@r... wrote:
> 192.168.0.110 Tivo
> 192.168.0.80 Linux PC
> 192.168.0.90 Win2k PC
[snip]
> bash-2.02# insmod -f nfs-2.0.1.o
> Warning: kernel-module version mismatch
> nfs-2.0.1.o was compiled for kernel version 2.1.24-TiVo.1
> while this kernel is version 2.1.24-TiVo.2
>
> Is this warning acceptable?

Yes. It happens for most (all?) of us. But since it's only a minor
revision, it still works. I get the same warning and NFS has been
very reliable between my linux box and my TiVo.

> I also have downloaded the warnfs program I saw mentioned earlier,
> but being the relative Linux/NFS newbie that I am, I am having some
> troubles getting my exports.conf on the Win2k side formatted
> correctly.

Use NFS on your linux box.

Create a new directory (e.g. /usr/local/tivotemp)
Create (or edit) /etc/exports and add the following line:
/usr/local/tivotemp 192.168.0.110(rw,no_root_squash)

then at a shell prompt, run:

exportfs -av

If you get errors on your linux box when doing this, you may not have
NFS installed or the process may not be running. However, that's
getting a bit off-topic for this list and you can find many linux
support resources that discuss that.

--The Amigo