[ExtractStream] Really good, or really bad idea

sharkey@a... sharkey at a...
Wed, 20 Jun 2001 08:57:19 -0400

> Why not just fill up one, or both, of the hard drives on the
> TiVo, then pull it out, and copy the data over to another box using the
> IDE chain, rather than the TiVoNet card?

That's conceivably possible, but a bloody pain in the neck. Why would
you want to do that? You'd have to shut to TiVo down, open the case,
remove the drives, install them in another machine, boot. Ugh. Why?

What I was wondering is if it would be possible to install a removable
media IDE drive rather than a hard disk. One of these DVD recoradables
that Apple is pushing or something like that. I don't know of any reason
why you shouldn't be able to dump straight from the TiVo onto a DVD.
Kind of an interesting idea.

Eric