NFS issues

Rob Royse rob at r...
Fri, 22 Jun 2001 23:18:34 -0500

Ok, after deciding to move away from using the WarNFS daemon on my Win2k PC
(it was very buggy) I decided to move the NFS duties over to the Linux box
(SUSE 7.1) that is already doing the SAMBA duties.
The basic issue is that despite the fact that I have edited the /etc/exports
file on the SUSE box to reflect the fact that the originating IP of the Tivo
(192.168.0.110 in this case) should be permitted RW access to the /tmp/tivo
folder on the SUSE (192.168.0.71) box.
I then load the NFS daemon on the Tivo, and then create a directory under
/var/tmp on the tivo called streams.
I then proceed to mount /tmp/tivo on the SUSE box as /var/tmp/streams on the
TIVO:
mount 192.168.0.71:/tmp/tivo /var/tmp/streams
The mount command works, and I can do an ls on it to see it is empty. Then I
issue a mkdir command to test if it is truly RW, and it fails every time:
bash-2.02# mkdir a
mkdir: cannot make directory `a': Read-only file system
So, Why does this happen? I have triple-checked the SUSE box to make sure
that the /etc/exports file is correct, and does in fact make that dir
specified is in fact RW, and it is.
Anyone have any idea why this is??
Thanks

An HTML attachment was scrubbed...