[ExtractStream] Re: My dangerous idea.

Makhratchev, Konstantin konstantin.makhratchev at l...
Fri, 29 Jun 2001 08:51:37 -0700

Just some thoughts...

> No way is this even remotely legal. Legal fair use tools like
ExtractStream
> are being put in a shady light by the major copyright holders. We don't
> want to muddy the waters by associating them with software with strictly
> illegal uses.

Ok, s'pose I've got the cable. Few questions:
1. Is it legal for me to invite a friend to watch the show?
2. Is it legal for me to let my friend watch the show from his appt?
(OK, I open the window and he uses good binoculars ;-)
3. Is is legal for me to stretch the wire to his window and let him see the
show
from his appt.?
4. Is there any difference between #2 and #3?

Man, that copyright law is a can of worms...