Yet another conversion program

billyb111b@y... billyb111b at y...
Thu, 01 Nov 2001 21:01:14 -0000

Charlie,

This is a nice program, thanks for the effort.

I finally have synced mpeg program stream, PowerDVD and WinDVD play
them perfect.

I have some problems with it abruptly ending if I skip invalid
chunks, (same place the Splitstream does, Im hoping a better ES can
fix this)but if I check dont skip invalid chunks, it plows right
through them, and the resulting mpeg stays synched start to end(nice!)
with a few abrupt burps. Is Skip first only the first chunk of the
ty?

Problems, these stream tend to be disliked by all my mpeg software
(TMPG and the like - I cannot seperate the streams. So I havent been
able to convert them to a DVD Spec (which is the ultimate goal here)
I need to get the video to 352x480 and the audio to 48k.

But I can watch extracted mpeg (on my computer and in sync) this is a
step forward!

Anyone know how/if I can modify TiVo encoding bitrate and/or
resolution? I would like to encode (native from TiVo) ant High
bitrate (3.5 Mb/s) but at 352x480, this would eliminate (hopefully)
one step in DVD creation. There used to be a resource editor module
in TiVoWeb, but it doesn't seem to work in 2.5, is there something
from Bash?

Well,
Thanks to the effort of everybody here. each day I get a little
closer...

Bill