[ExtractStream] Re: Kinda OT: setting boot parameters

Roger Merchberger zmerch7 at y...
Fri, 2 Nov 2001 14:20:11 -0800 (PST)

--- Ken Hancock <hancockks@y...> wrote:
[snippety]
> Check out this thread in AVS forums.
>
> http://www.avsforum.com/ubbtivo/Forum6/HTML/008589.html
>
> I did this to get the serial port up and running then managed to
> copy
> all the stuff over to the new partition. Took about half an hour,
> but no drive pulling.

Thanks for the pointer! I was searching AVS for the wrong stuff - but
using that tip, I did a different search and stumbled across this
thread:

http://www.avsforum.com/ubbtivo/Forum6/HTML/004939.html

which outlines the use of the "bootpage" command on the tivo, so you
can set the boot parameters without using the serial port (which I
currently cannot "easily" use - it's running the DSS "remote", and is
in a fairly inaccessable place...
With this and your info, the ideal thing would be to be able to not
need the serial port... but even so, I shouldn't have to pull the
drive.

Yippee!
Roger "Merch" Merchberger