MFSTools restored TiVo problems.

Joseph Elwell jelwell at s...
Thu, 08 Nov 2001 07:10:32 -0000

So i read somewhere in this forum that TiVos that have used MFSTools
to restore from are having problems. My unit was also restored using
mfstools and it doesn't extract anything useful whenever I try
ExtractStream. I posted a request for a dd backup of a virgin philips
30 hour unit. There was one post in paticular that says:

"Arent you just missing the inactive partition? Cant you amend the
*taboo* applications to ignore the missing partition or create the
missing partition or dd copy it from another source?"

Are there any updates on why this happens to tivos that were restored
using mfstools?

Joseph Elwell.