[ExtractStream] Re: Status of Windows tools

Barcinski, Andy andy at a...
Mon, 1 Oct 2001 09:51:06 -0500

> I think getting something like the ConvertStream+NetMplex marriage
> where the seperation and re-attach happens like it does on
> the tivo is
> going to produce the synced audio and video that we are all
> looking for.

I heartily agree. I suspect that what we have been talking about (audio and
video not syncing) will be solved by getting the raw tystream (as that's
what TiVo uses to play the stuff -- and it's ALWAYS in sync) and converting
it to MPEG2/MP2 streams.

It works on the TiVo. Get it working like it does on the TiVo, and we
should be fine.

It seems to be glossed over here -- do people who use ExtractStream -s, then
ConvertStream (on a unix box) have sync problems? I would do that, but
unfortunately, my server is only a p200, and painfully slow. Like many
other people, I suspect, my powerhouse box is win32.