[ExtractStream] Re: Status of Windows tools

Dale E. Reed Jr. daler at n...
Mon, 1 Oct 2001 12:29:29 -0700

> I heartily agree. I suspect that what we have been talking about (audio
and
> video not syncing) will be solved by getting the raw tystream (as that's
> what TiVo uses to play the stuff -- and it's ALWAYS in sync) and
converting
> it to MPEG2/MP2 streams.
>
> It works on the TiVo. Get it working like it does on the TiVo, and we
> should be fine.

I was going to put a package together this weekend using the new all-in-one
win32 module, but I'm having some network problems between my tivo and
it. Most of my test have been with tystream files I pulled off my tivo
(since
I don't like waiting 20 mins per hour show to pull the shows over tivonet
while testing).

My tests with the tystream files have been excellent, though. Video and
Audio are in sync the whole movie. There is an issue with it bombing
under certain stream errors that ConverStream handles better. I need to
implement the ConvertStream behavior so it will finish the stream.

> It seems to be glossed over here -- do people who use ExtractStream -s,
then
> ConvertStream (on a unix box) have sync problems? I would do that, but
> unfortunately, my server is only a p200, and painfully slow. Like many
> other people, I suspect, my powerhouse box is win32.

Yes. The sync problem is the fact that you split it into two files that
have
no timing code in them. Its not a platform issue.

Dale