[ExtractStream] Re: Help with creating VCD's with TMPGEnc...???

Dale E. Reed Jr. daler at n...
Mon, 1 Oct 2001 12:46:49 -0700

> ANyone else out there -- I'd like to get some sort of list going
> of Mpeg2 codec that people use that result in good-looking video -- I
> finally got good results after I d/led the elecard codec -- I had
> WinDVD on my machine already but for some reason it plays tivo mpgs
> horribly. I'd like to know what other people are having results with
> and possibly see if we can isolate problems that are codec specific
> or separate computer cofig specific. SO post your codecs and where
> you got them.

On my straight conversions, PowerDVD is the only app that plays
it with acceptable results. I also can play them on my Dxr2
hardware card to watch the apps on tivo with Tivo-like quality.
Using WMP crashes it immediately. My files are straight copies
of the format the Tivo uses w/out any processing or filtering.

Dale