[ExtractStream] Extracting to disk // Speed?

David Ranch dranch at t...
Wed, 3 Oct 2001 01:59:06 -0700 (PDT)

> If you are getting slow tivonet speeds, try a rolled cable between the two
> machines. Some people have noted swapping out the hub or switch connecting
> computers can help as well. I just use an old 10MB 8-port hub that has
> a connection to my switch downstairs, my tivo, and my PC.

I found that for me, switching the 10Mb NIC back to HALF duplex via
the NIC's setup software fixed my issue.

> has got to be close to the same speed? Plus I just batch mine over night
> and
> when I wake up, its all there for me. The thought of constantly pulling my
> tivo apart doesn't set to well with me. :(

Could you tell us how you are batching this? Perl?

--David
| David A. Ranch - Linux/Networking/PC hardware dranch@t... |
!--- ---!
`---- For more detailed info, see http://www.ecst.csuchico.edu/~dranch ----'