[ExtractStream] Thoughts on a newer version of ExtractStream

Stealth Dave stealthdave at s...
02 Oct 2001 01:22:15 -0700

Glad to hear that this is already being worked on! A couple of
questions, though:

1.	Will there be a Linux version as well as win32? I can run most apps
(including TMPEGEnc) through WINE, but native Linux apps are much better
(obviously).
2.	The current version of ConvertStream only works on 1.3 Tivos, while
most Tivos are currently running 2.0.1. Is this being addressed in the
new app?
3.	Has *anyone* figured out how to get rid of that f@&$#*g green bar on
the left-hand side!

Also, have you tested your app with Tivo stream files created by
ExtractStream -s? If it works, you may wish to consider releasing the
current revision as-is and release an updated netcat-enabled version
later. Many people, including myself, are able to mount nfs and/or
samba partitions on the Tivo and can copy tyStreams without requiring
netcat. This would *certainly* be appreciated by everyone trying to get
their audio synced!

In any case, thanks for responding and letting us know of your progress.
If you feel comfortable with sharing your code, please let me know. I
may not be a C programmer per se, but I do know just enough to be
dangerous. ;)

- Stealth Dave