Thoughts on a newer version of ExtractStream

califpilot@y... califpilot at y...
Tue, 02 Oct 2001 13:48:17 -0000

Hi. I'm a new "member" here. I just managed to get a tivonet board
installed in my sony and increased my drive from 30 to 60G. I'm
quite impressed with the stuff that the developers/hackers are doing.

--- In ExtractStream@y..., Stealth Dave <stealthdave@s...> wrote:
> Glad to hear that this is already being worked on! A couple of
> questions, though:
>
> Will there be a Linux version as well as win32? I can run most
> apps (including TMPEGEnc) through WINE, but native Linux apps are
> much better (obviously).

I second the request. As primarially a Linux user, I like linux
native apps.

> Also, have you tested your app with Tivo stream files created by
> ExtractStream -s? If it works, you may wish to consider releasing
> the current revision as-is and release an updated netcat-enabled
> version later. Many people, including myself, are able to mount
> nfs and/or samba partitions on the Tivo and can copy tyStreams
> without requiring netcat. This would *certainly* be appreciated
> by everyone trying to get their audio synced!

People HAVE gotten samba to work? I can get nfs to work, but
everytime I try smbmount, I have to ctrl-C out of it because it
never returns.

Thanks,
Lisa