[ExtractStream] Re: Thoughts on a newer version of ExtractStream

Mark Frankenfield markf at c...
Tue, 02 Oct 2001 10:34:23 -0400

Most of the Samba problems are with Win2k, ME or XP due to microsoft
updates to the protocol on their end. There have been updates to samba
to fix this, but they also require a later kernel for your tivo, which
is where the problem lies. Untill the 2.5 tivo release is out, it's
something that probably won't get fixed.

I use NFS instead. There are a couple of Free NFS servers out (WarNFS
www.jgaa.com <http://www.jgaa.com> ), but I'm currently using MS
Servrices of Unix 2.0, which integrates with the windows shell.

Mark

califpilot@y... <mailto:califpilot@y...> wrote:

People HAVE gotten samba to work? I can get nfs to work, but
everytime I try smbmount, I have to ctrl-C out of it because it
never returns.

Thanks,
Lisa

Mark Frankenfield Software Developer - Oracle Forms DDR
Lakefront L2141 - Orlando, FL

'He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby
become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss,
the abyss gazes also into you.'
--Friedrich Nietzsche