[ExtractStream] Hello

Barcinski, Andy andy at a...
Tue, 9 Oct 2001 13:34:34 -0500

This might be a FAQ. You are getting LONG transfer times. I get around 3
megabits (!). You are getting significantly less than that.

Things to check.

1) Is isa nic in tivo set to _half_ duplex/10 megabit in firmware? It
should be.

This should solve 99% of situations. I currently have mine plugged into a
10/100Mb autosense switch and my server is on 100MB full dup. No problems.
It smokes.

Others have suggested that the following may help:
2) Use a HUB instead of a switch.
3) Use a 10Mbit HUB, instead of 10/100 autosense.

Can't speak for them, but I suspect something else is wrong. Of course,
trying extra stuff can't hurt, until frustration takes over ;-).

ns.onelist.com