Anyone Debugging ExtractStream?

willieb9000@y... willieb9000 at y...
Thu, 11 Oct 2001 00:14:07 -0000

> I am a coder, but I know nothing about these data formats - if
> someone has something mindless that they just don't have the man-
> hours to work on, I'd be glad to take a look at it. I'd rather
help
> someone fix ExtractStream/ConvertStream than try yet another post-
> processing tool chain...
>
> Thanks,
> Jeff

Jeff -- thanks for the post --- Have you looked at the posts from
charlie above that talk about looking at the ty streams using his
viewer? Also a couple posts above here he talks about a lot of chunks
out of order. Unfortunately I am not a coder, so looking at the ES
source, I can only barely make out what is going on. But I am sure
for someone who knows what they are looking at, they could tell what
in the streams causes ES to return the "bogus" error and maybe
correlate that with the tystream data. I agree that something still
*must* be wrong with the ES parsing because nothing else exlains the
absolute randomness of whether ES/Convertstream/tympeg will work
properly. I too am frustrated with trying to get it to work...

WillieB