Status of Windows tools ==> Linux Solutions

willieb9000@y... willieb9000 at y...
Thu, 11 Oct 2001 19:23:44 -0000

> I can pull 950K/sec with netcat. None of the other ones even come
clost
> to its performance. Thats why most solutions like tympeg and
netmplex
> use it as their transport.

Dale, can you point me to a windows 98 app that will report Kbps to
me when i use Netcat? All I can find report your Internet connection
speed, not your internal network transfer speeds. I know Win2k will
do it, but I can't figure out how to do it in win98. I suspect I am
gettin gpretty fast transfers, I am just not sure how fast.
Oh, and am I wrong that tympeg can still only do basic and best
qualities becasue it uses netmplex?

Thanks, Willie