[ExtractStream] Problems with ExtractStream / SplitStream

Dale Reed daler at n...
Mon, 15 Oct 2001 12:41:58 -0700

Wyatt Bode wrote:

> OK, I've tried several different ways to extract the video from my Tivo
> and so far nothing works. I have a Philips 20 hour unit that is
> upgraded to
> 80 hours with two 40 GB hard drives using TivoMad. It is running version
> 2.0.1-001 of the software. When I try to run ExtractStream here is what I
> get:

I was having a lot of problems with ExtractStream originally. The latest
CVS tree actually didn't help at all. The only way I was able to get ES to
work for me (I do raw extractions, BTW) was to use a different version of
ES that Gary compiled for me. I'm running TiVo 2.0.1, which should be the
norm for SA units.

The pre-compiled ExtractStream is in the tympeg zip you can get at the
below URL. BTW, don't try tyMpeg unless you have a lot of memory. There
is a known memory leak/consumption of about 1/2 of the size of the tystream
it is processing. :( I'm working on it...

http://www.ntworld.com/tivo

Dale