confirming SplitStream error.

willieb9000@y... willieb9000 at y...
Tue, 16 Oct 2001 00:46:29 -0000

Hey joe -- I have gotten SS to work on 2 ty streams and it has failed
on about 4. I thought it was because I was using different versions
of ES to extract the raw .ty files from the tivo, (for some I used .3
and some I used the version that Dale put in tympeg). After further
test, though, it seems random whether on not they will work. When I
get the error, it is always the error listed in the earlier posts
about

Video Sequence number bogus 213778!=2246b4 at chunk 6 record 0
Chunk 6 has bad sequence, ignoring chunk
Video Sequence number bogus 213778!=24257c at chunk 7 record 0
Chunk 7 has bad sequence, ignoring chunk
Video Sequence number bogus 213778!=261a70 at chunk 8 record 0
Chunk 8 has bad sequence, ignoring chunk
Video Sequence number bogus 213778!=27c440 at chunk 9 record 0
Chunk 9 has bad sequence, ignoring chunk
Video Sequence number bogus 213778!=2988fc at chunk 10 record 0
Chunk 10 has bad sequence, ignoring chunk

It does this over and over with every chunk and that is why you end
up with only about 300k. Any ideas -- Again, I know almost nothing
about coding, but it seems to me this has to be an easily fixable
error, since it occurs on all chunks and none of the other programs
does this on every chunk. Is it possible that something in the
sequence gets out of sync at the beginning (i.e., gets offset by one,
etc) and then makes every one after it be just a bit off, too?

WHen it works, it seems to work really well, though. My hat is off
to you, joe. Please let us know if you have any thoughts on why this
might be happening and if you can fix it. If you want, I can try and
extract a few hundred k from various ty streams (both working and non)
and post them so you can see wha ti mean if you never get this error.

Thanks again.

Willie