Trouble with Extractstream? Try splitstream

joe666boxer@y... joe666boxer at y...
Tue, 16 Oct 2001 03:34:36 -0000

It requires lots of steps. I'm trying to make a mini guide for it, but
it's quite a task.
In short, you split the video and audio. encode the audio using lame
vbr (lame alpha builds). encode the video using dvd2avi (yuv mode) +
avisynth (remove green bar) + virtualdub (smart deinterlace) + divx4
in two passes. I like 900 Kbps for the video. you then mix the video
and audio using nandub.

The process is long (overnight), but the results are quite nice.

You can find most of the detail from doom9.net

Hope this helps.
Joe