Splitstream and constant sequence issues

cerevant@y... cerevant at y...
Wed, 17 Oct 2001 10:17:41 -0000

Test results:

Stream 1:
2nd convert had 3 bad chunks. Result had a minimal (< .5 sec),
constant audio lag.

Stream 2:
1st convert sequential failure
- Audio 22k, Video 284k
2nd convert *also* had a sequential failure.
- Audio 6.8M, Video 125.7M
3rd convert again, seq fail
- Audio 19k, Video 259k
4th starts with missing first frames & audio failure, then seq fail.
- Audio 6.8M, Video 125.5M

Aack..a pattern...

I dusted off the debugger and I see two problems with the code:

1) When you throw out a chunk, you don't reset the sequence number.
In my stream, there is a "bad sequence number" (see #2) in the first
record of the 3rd chunk (audio). It throws out the chunk, but then
the 0th record of the 4th chunk (video) is out of sequence - but it
would have been in sequence if you hadn't thrown out the 3rd chunk.

2) The code is saying there is a bad sequence number when
DisplayStream says there isn't. I'm looking at this now.

Let me know if you want to see dumps from DisplayStream for the
problem area.

Jeff