tyStream that kills both ConvertStream and SplitStream (Win32)

Oscar Fowler oscar at j...
Fri, 19 Oct 2001 17:20:14 -0000

I yanked an hour long tyStream off my 2.0.1 TiVo (using
ExtractStream -s). The stream is a little over a gig in size, but
both Dale's Win32 ConvertStream and Joe's SplitStream
end 'unexpectedly' (AKA "trap-out") 2:15 minutes into it. This
results in audio/video files that seem just fine, other than being
much too short, of course.

Is anyone interested in looking at this stream (I could chop it down
to ~60MB) to see what the issue is, or should I just chalk it up to
Acts of God?

-Oscar