Problems with ExtractStream / SplitStream

czhang@i... czhang at i...
Fri, 19 Oct 2001 19:53:10 -0000

David's method is good for beginner, but once you are familiar with
Tivo and Linux, you can use netcat (nc) to extract the raw tystream
and convert it into video and audio later. netcat way is a lot of
faster than nfs, maybe 3 times.

-- czhang

--- In ExtractStream@y..., David Ranch <dranch@t...> wrote:

> Are you trying to play the Tivo media or extract it via
> NFS or something like that? If you are trying to extract,
> you aren't setting the correct Environment variables.
>
> Please read the ExtractStream HOWTO:
>
> http://www.9thtee.com/extractstream.html
>

> Anyway, this is what I use at home (I'll put this up on
> http://rocko.csuchico.edu/~dranch/tivo soon enough)
>
> If anyone could add to this list or give the correct command
> sequence to use SplitStream (haven't used it yet), please
> post it to the list and I'll start putting together an
> Extracting faq.

--------
> 1. TELNET to the Tivo (assumes a correctly networked Tivo)
>
> 2. Fix the PATH and add some aliases
>
> alias w='cat /proc/loadavg'
> alias lsmod='cat /proc/modules'
> export PATH=$PATH:/tivo-bin:/hack/bin
>
> 3. Start up the old Tivo HTTP server to get FSIDs
> (I can't easily find the FSIDs in the new and much
> nicer Tivo HTTP server)
>
> /hack/es-0.2/httpd.tcl >/dev/null &;
>
> 4. Start up the FTP server (if required)
>
> cd /sbin
> /sbin/tivoftpd &
>
> 5. Load up the NFS kernel module
>
> insmod -f /sbin/nfs-2.0.1.o
>
> 6. Mount my Linux server onto the Tivo
>
> bash-2.02# mount -t nfs
192.168.0.3:/mnt/hdc2/tivo/MEDIA /var/mnt/nfs

http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
dranch@t... |
> !----
-