SplitStream 0.3 and other utils

joe666boxer@y... joe666boxer at y...
Sat, 20 Oct 2001 20:00:14 -0000

I've uploaded version 0.3 of splitstream to
http://www.geocities.com/joe666boxer
changes:
- really skip sequences with bad memory pointers
- provide estimates for initial time offset

I've also zipped up the newest tivo utils I could find in CVS
and made them available. Many people seem to have a hard time getting
the latest (0.3) of ExtractStream. I haven't compiled or modified it.

The time estimates that splitstream displays are it's best guess as to
the time offset between the audio and video. It displays two values;
typical output looks like:

estimated audio delay from first video -174.600000 ms
estimated audio delay from earliest video -107.855556 ms

MPEG 2 streams can send video frames out of sequence, so the first
frame in the stream may not be the first thing displayed. I'm looking
for feedback on these. They are not exact, but they're usually close.

Disclaimer: for all I know, those estimates are completely bogus. this
is highly experimental, so please test it and let me know.

Thanks
Joe