Problems with ExtractStream / SplitStream

czhang@i... czhang at i...
Sun, 21 Oct 2001 04:56:24 -0000

I can get about 40KBps from NFS while ExtractStream extract .m2v
and .m2a pair directly, and about 90KBps from netcat while
ExtractStream extract raw tystream.

My Linux box is AMD-K6/2 350MHz, 256MB w/ linksys 10/100 network
adapter, connect with Tivo via a Linksys 10/100 switch. It run
Mandrake 8.1(just did the upgrade), in stock NFS daemon.

As Tivo webserver, I am using tivoweb-tcl w/ Junniper's patch to get
the FSIDs.

I didn't use splitstream on the Linux box yet, haven't find time to
compile it under Linux. So I actually run Splitstream from my
Windows box.

Once you have raw tystream, splitstream's command is
like 'splitstream abc.ty abc.m2a abc.m2v +'. My problem is joe's old
splitstream didn't work for me, which drop too many chunks. I am
still using convertstream from Dale(?). Unfortunately he didn't
provide source, so I have no way to hack it yet. But so far it works
a little better than splitstream. Just saw joe update some newer
version, will try to see what happen on that one.

-- czhang