[ExtractStream] Re: SplitStream 0.3 and other utils

kamka@7... kamka at 7...
Sun, 21 Oct 2001 11:24:48 -0400

Hi, Joe

I just wanted to give you some feedback on your latest incarnation of
SplitStream .03

Overall i've had great success with splitstream .3. I find my self
having to rerun splitstream on the bad streams.
on an ! hour tv show i had to do this 6 times. it went something like

splitstream 1.tiv 1.m2a 1.m2v 1.bad
splitstream 1.bad 1a.m2a 1a.m2v 1a.bad
splitstream 1a.bad 1b.m2a 1b.m2v 1b.bad
... etc (about 6 times)
I do this until i have a bad stream that i can't extract anymore video
out of.

(The last bad stream i have is a 128KB file that won't extract anymore
if you want i can send it to you )

one interesting thing thou about mid way into the process i noticed that
one of the resulting m2v and m2a files was VERY SMALL so i took a peek
at it and and low and behold it was from a DIFFERENT TV show i had
previously deleted a while back.

anyways besides that to actually use the m2v files i have to run them
though dvd2avi. I add all the resulting clips to a project save the
project toa d2v file and load it in tmpgenc. If i don't use dvd2avi
tmpgenc crashes on my system.
I also do a copy /b 1.m2a+1a.m2a+1b.m2a ...etc out.m2a (to combine the
Audio into one seamless file)

My Audio / Video sync is VERY good. I've not had to adjust anything..
I'm also very picky about things like that too
I've yet to make a FULL VCD yet but i made a basic test mpeg-1 and it
seem to work great!!!

Anyways.. Great job Joe

Kevin