SplitStream 0.3 and other utils

czhang@i... czhang at i...
Sun, 21 Oct 2001 16:22:00 -0000

--- In ExtractStream@y..., joe666boxer@y... wrote:

> the only annoyance I have with my streams is that there is a
constant
> offset between the audio and video. When I convert to divx+mp3, in
the
> last step, I adjust the sound (using nandub) to match the video.
It's
> not easy, so I wanted something to help. I looked closely at the
PES

Yes! It's indeed very hard to get them sync once they out of sync.

> headers in tyStream, and found what looks like a timestamp. The
clock
> seems to tick 0x1950 for every 36 ms. I've converted a couple of
> streams since I added that feature and it seems one of those
values is
> very close to the actual offset. I'm looking for feedback on this.
>
> I just noticed something interesting. The difference between the
two
> values is exactly a multiple of 33.37 ms (which is the frame time
of
> an NTSC signal @ 29.97 fps). It seems I have the time conversion
right.

> How you use these values depends on what you want to do with the
> video. Any decent setup should allow you to adjust the audio delay
and
> that's where you should use those. If the audio is late (negative
> numbers displayed by splitstream), you could even try to delete
0x360
> byte size packets from the begining of the audio stream; each
packet
> lasts 36 ms. So suppose I wanted to strip off 174.6 ms, I would
then
> delete 5 packets, which would cause the audio to be early by 5.4 ms
> (hard to notice).

I think I am using the similiar setup as you, DVD2AVI, Nandub w/
Divx. So as you said, if I fill in the /first video offset/ value
into Audio/Interleave..., /Delay audio track by [] ms/, it should be
sync?
/First video/, /Eariles video/, these two terms are still confusing
me. :-)

-- czhang