SplitStream 0.3 and other utils

cerevant@y... cerevant at y...
Mon, 22 Oct 2001 13:21:09 -0000

--- In ExtractStream@y..., czhang@i... wrote:
> Frankly, I don't really understand, if splitstream drop some bad
> chunks in the middle of raw tystream, join them together will only
> make the video/audio is the wrong order. Please correct me where I
> am wrong.

This is only true when the chunk was originally intended to be part
of the program you want. Chunks in a given stream may be from
another show, or just complete garbage. This is why all the sequence
checking is done.

The real difficulty now is when a chunk is partially bad - the audio
sequence numbers are wrong, but the video is correct (for example).
What do you throw out, and what do you keep?

Jeff