Splitstream Survey

joe666boxer@y... joe666boxer at y...
Wed, 24 Oct 2001 01:46:05 -0000

If the intent of the survey is to improve splitstream, then I'd
suggest a couple of minor things:

We need to clearly distinguish between problems caused by
extractstream and splitstream.

Isolate the start of a bad section of a stream. Rerun splitstream on
that section and see if it's the same show. If it's not, it's
extractstream's fault (and we should really concentrate on fixing
that; see Dale's proposal). On the other hand, if it is the same show,
then there may be something splitstream can do better to cope with
that situation.

One thing that seems to cause serious trouble is MFSTools, so please
add that to the list of things software used or not.

Thanks
Joe