[ExtractStream] Re: Splitstream Survey

Roger Merchberger zmerch7 at y...
Wed, 24 Oct 2001 09:53:39 -0700 (PDT)

--- billyb111b@y... wrote:
[snippety...]

> I ES'd a one hour Band of Brothers at High Quality (I belive high
> records at 576x480?)

Here's the stats:
Best Quality: 544x480 5800.00 kbps
High Quality: 480x480 3500.00 kbps
Medium Quality: 352x480 2600.00 kbps
Basic Quality: 352x480 1470.00 kbps VCD

I've not played with much video at best quality yet -- for SVCD's,
you're best bet that I've seen (and tried) is High quality - the
resolution is right for an SVCD & the flix seems to come out fairly
well (well, with decent bit-rate encoding, which takes a *long*
time.). Just burned my first "decent" SVCD last nite.

I just downloaded & tried the Elecomp Mpeg2 player - I don't monkey
with DVD's on my main computer, so I don't need the extra stuff. It
plays mpeg2's very well, and it even plays the Tivo raw streams!
Granted, with the audio frames mixed in, it looks like hell... but I
was suprised it didn't barf.

Anywho, hope this helps!
Roger "Merch" Merchberger