Explanation of records in ty chunks?

Ken Hancock hancockks at y...
Wed, 24 Oct 2001 21:13:38 -0000

--- In ExtractStream@y..., Dale Reed <daler@n...> wrote:
> As an aside, I started working on a tivo application that is pretty
> much a stripped down extractstream. My goal is to have a "debug"
> tool that knows of the sequencing and errors and can give us
physical
> information in the FSIDs where these happen. If we can figure out
> why bad data is getting into the streams and how to handle it, then
> we can get on with the fun stuff. :)

Dale,

Do you have any idea if the FSID->sector calculation used by ES is
correct? Since I restored my A drive from a MFS Tools backup, my
streams are complely mixed up...

Anyway, I look forward to your tool -- maybe it'll save me from
having to take my v1.3 original drive and re-copy it to my current A
drive...